Business Analyst – Fixed Contract
Analyse the results of research to deliver innovative, ground-breaking initiatives for the Construction and Infrastructure Industry.
The Centre of Vocational Excellence (CoVE) is a new initiative funded by the Government for the Construction and Infrastructure Industries. This brand-new organisation has been tasked by TEC (Tertiary Education Commission) to engage with the NZ Construction & Infrastructure sector to understand their workforce needs. Based at MIT’s new custom-built trades training school, Tech Park, the Business Analyst will be supporting the Project Leads tasked with reporting on the following 5 project streams; Disruption, Learning, Productivity, Diversity and Sustainability to create an overarching Career Framework for the Construction and Infrastructure Industries mapping different job types, vocational pathways and what intervention and strategies should be included in this innovative framework.
This key role will provide research data analysis, and develop and maintains a Workforce Model, related systems and actively manage targets, benchmarks and effective reporting for all Projects conducted by ConCOVE.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Project reporting and being a first level support to the Project Leads
- Dedication to centralizing ConCove data monitoring and supporting the Project Leads and Director to formulate and support change
- Data analysis to provide solutions mitigate risk and source additional information to make informed recommendations
- Challenging the status quo to identify improvement and innovative opportunities
- Connect and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that activities are delivering the desired outcomes as per the plan.
This role would be suited to an experienced Business Analyst with a passion for Education and the Construction and Infrastructure sector and data with advanced reporting and analytical skills who brings strong system, forecasting and data science/analytics understanding and focus on delivery. Emotional intelligence and stakeholder engagement and relationship management capability will be crucial in this stimulating, groundbreaking and strategic role.
We offer a work environment which values genuine people who care for others, are well-connected, open and approachable and strive for excellence in all we do.
If you would like any further information please contact Alison Redfern- Daly, People and Culture.
(09) 968 8759.
Please quote our reference: 27304
Applications should be received by 1st April 2021
You must be currently available and legally entitled to work in New Zealand.